Submissions Issue

I have an issue with submissions. I only submitted two times yesterday (these were my two first submissions) and after these two submissions I couldn’t submit anything anymore for 6 hours. Today, I’m trying to submit something but now it became 9 hours. I tried to find the submission policy but all I could find was that 2 submissions per day are allowed. However, I didn’t submit anything today. Could you please tell me why I have such a problem?

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

I am surprised too. I shared this question with the Challenge Data organizers. Stay tuned!

The situation is as follows:

1. You do have two submissions over a sliding 24 hour window.
  2. You uncovered a bug in the calculation of the displayed remaining time before the next submission (rule 1 above is normally correctly applied by the system regardless). The maintainers of the submission site have been notified of the bug. You should thus simply disregard the countdown.

Is this consistent with your experience?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer. It is consistent with my experience except for the fact that I can’t disregard the countdown since when there is this countdown, there is not the submission button anymore. I will let you know if I see this bug another time. Thank you again for your help!

Hello Cyril,

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the bug in the countdown display which may be misleading.

As pointed out by Eric, the server allows for 2 submissions every sliding window of 24 hours (this rule as well as others are mentioned in the guidelines for participant doc available on the home page).

So let’s say for instance you submit at H=0 and then again at H=n < 24, you will be allowed to resubmit at H=24, and then again at H=24+n etc.

BUT, as you are totally right, there is a bug in the countdown display which is initialised at 24h after the second submission in a 24h window, when it should be initialised at (24-n)h in our example. But this should not prevent you from resubmitting at H=24: a few moments before H=24, the countdown will still show n hours remaining but then at H=24 exactly it will vanish and you will be able to resubmit. We understand this bug may be misleading and it will be corrected in the v2 of the Challenge Data platform which will be available next season.

We hope you will still be able to enjoy our challenges!
Best regards,
The Challenge Data team

1 Like